Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made beef dino ribs. Looking at the cross cut, was it improperly trimmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeatMonster
    replied
    Pretty sure it's still got some of the brisket attached on top Rejoice in the big slab of meat, and smoke away!

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Mmmmmm. Beef ribs.

Looks spectacular

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Cheers to the bonus-slab-o-meat!

Leave a comment:

• MTurney
    replied
    This is the equivalent of getting an extra yolk in the egg. It’s a good thing. Run with it, bro!

Leave a comment:

• Smoldering Flea
    replied
    fkrall posted this link https://www.chefs-resources.com/type...ef-short-ribs/

based on this it sounds like you got a 123 cut. Possibly with a shorter bone

Leave a comment:

• steve0617
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwng View Post
    They look really good to me and no more trimming is necessary but how did they taste?
    The meat tasted great but having to cut and scrape through the two layers of fat/silverskin made me wonder if they weren't traditionally trimmed.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Ust missing the PBR Tall Boys.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones, would that make them Red Baron Ribs..........or Fokkers?

• TxF
    replied
    The bone should be longer, that’s not your fault but something you can fix next time. All you can really do with plate ribs is decide how much fat you leave on top.

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    They look really good to me and no more trimming is necessary but how did they taste?

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    That looks awesome!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    You usually don’t get that layer but I’m sure it’s good whether you cook it with the ribs or separately.

Leave a comment:

• Smoldering Flea
    replied
    I’m not the expert but I think the traditional beef rib cut is butcher trimmed so that the top layer of meat and a lot of the fat is trimmed. If that’s how you bought it I would not cut off the fat, you paid for the meat above

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    ja mein Bruder Mr. Bones

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Dreidecker

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here