Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cut of beef.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cut of beef.

I'm no expert, but judging by the size (going off the can in the first pic) I would say tenderloin.

Comment

Can someone offer some advice here? I have been ordering this as sirloin beef, but it recently came very thin when I was away. I'm thinking this mightbe the tenderloin.. I'm fro Okrahoma, but live in Taiwam. I'm trying to turn this into thin slices roast beef for sandwiches.

Comment

I thought it looked like a tenderloin as well.

Comment

Thanks for the input. My ID on cuts is not really good. Anyone have ideas on roasting this for sandwiches. I've been brining this with salt and sugar and then smoking it for a while. Now reading from here, just salt overnight and then roast and smoke

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            Bring the IT to about 125-130, let it rest and slice thinly. Tenderloin does not have much internal fat to melt, so if you take it to a high temp, it will go dry on you.

Thanks so much, just salted it..

Comment

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            BTW, and FWIW, Scoregonzo, the 125-130 is for rare, but I think most like rare for sammies. If you prefer better done, adjust the temps accordingly. Just allow about 5*F increase in temp while resting.

Thanks everyone here, getting so much good info.

Comment

Just put a pork leg in.

Comment

Before I was using pork loin to make ham. Just switched over to whole leg, boneles, for last month.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here