Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Hour Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Hour Brisket

I am new to the forum, and wanted to share a recent cook that went on forever...For Fourth of July, I had purchased a SRF brisket that came in around 14 lbs.... Stayed at a friends house who has a large Masterbuilt Electric Grill with the glass front. I marinated the beast overnight, put on my rub a few hours before placing it on the smoker at 225 degrees at 8p.m. July 3rd...we stayed up until around 1, checked the temp, it was already at 155. This had me concerned that this brisket was cooking much faster than I had anticipated....I know, and have experienced the crutch, so I went ahead and wrapped it at around 160, lowered the temp to 215 since I didn't want to wake up to a completely cooked brisket. Checked it at 6a.m. had only risen 8 degrees, so bumped back up to 225 and let her roll. That brisket took another 12 hrs to get to 203. The rest time was shortened because at that time, we were all starving and salivating. The brisket was the best yet. Great smokey taste, tender, great bark. 24 hours is quite a long time to wait for that kind of perfection, but it was certainly worth it!

Very cool. There's something magical about BBQ when it takes a lot longer. A lot of times I'll cook higher temp and faster, and it's always good, but when you let meat sit between 210-225, it always turns out best to me, though it can take forever.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Dongoloid!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Dongoloid

Comment

Thanks guys..still a newbie..love grilling on a Rec Tec I got recently,cooking Tuna Steaks right now,doing my first brisket in the Rec Tec tonight!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

Enjoy that Rec-Tec.

Comment

I've done one at 24 hrs. It cooked quicker than that, but due to unique scheduling I had to hold in my faux Cambro for 10-12hrs, going back & forth between that and the oven to keep the meat at 160-`170. It worked out really good from what I remember. I think cheaper cuts are well suited to that sort of thing. Glad your SRF (not cheap) brisket held up!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here