Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Beef...will update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Beef...will update

I've never smoked a hunk of beef before, but my neighbor went on vacation yesterday and gave me 2 chunks of roast...and since my grandma isn't here to make it into a pot roast, into the smoker it went. I will update as I go.

Dry brined overnight, Big Bad Beef Rubbed, then into the smoker with mesquite chunks at 225 degrees at about 9AM.

I probably have quite a bit of time, and I envision some kind of thin sauce to put over it, any suggestions on sauce would be greatly appreciated. If i can't find one I like I'll just use more carolina mustard haha. My daughter is helpingto navigate the amazingribs site for a good sauce, but she's still a bit too little.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2453.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	98773 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2462.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	98774 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2463.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	98775 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2464.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	98776

ForSure88 I'd wrap those in foil once they have nice bark, then continue cooking until they hit 203F. Then chop up and serve. I doubt you'll even need sauce!

If you like cheese steak you can saute onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc... and then place the veggies on top of the meat and coat that with cheese. Then melt the cheese a minute or three in the oven. Check out this thread for pictures of what I'm talkin 'bout.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I've done with chuck roasts, it comes out really good. For sauce I mix regular KC style sauce 50/50 with beef broth and let it thicken a little.

Man...a trip to publix for some peppers and onions and some crusty bread may be in order. Those look ridiculous good.

I didn't really have a plan for a meal when I started smoking em, just saw that they were gonna spoil soon and I hate the dryness that frozen chunks of meat can get.

This plus the chicken I pulled yesterday may mean I'm good on food for the rest of the week, unless the wife eats it all.

Comment

Yeah... nothing like pulled beef... gotta be my favorite, really

Comment

A little over 3 hours in and they are at 170, pulled them and wrapped them while the baby played in the grass.

The shrinkage is always way more than I expect...girls know about shrinkage right?

I think I'll wait til 200 and unwrap em to get up to 203 and get a crisper bark

Name:	IMG_2465.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	98822 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2467.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	98823 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2468.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	98824
        Last edited by ForSure88; July 25, 2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Annnnnnd 203, into the cooler with some towels for a couple hours, total cook from start to finish was 4hrs and 55mins. Time to walk to the store and get some onions,peppers, cheese and crusty bread.

I'll be back with final pics.

Name:	IMG_2469.PNG
Views:	144
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	98848 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	98849

Comment

Originally posted by ForSure88 View Post
            Annnnnnd 203, into the cooler with some towels for a couple hours, total cook from start to finish was 4hrs and 55mins. Time to walk to the store and get some onions,peppers, cheese and crusty bread.

I'll be back with final pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n98848[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n98849[/ATTACH]

I think you're going to have a very happy family tonight

Not sure why, but your pics are posting very small.

Comment

Hmm, wasn't very pullable, but it sure sliced up nice, and it tasted amazing. I think next time I need to leave it in the smoker a bit longer.

Made it into sandwiches with onions and peppers and some havarti cheese. Everytime I upload pics they get smaller and smaller, idk what's going on.

Pics won't work, imgur album here:

Last edited by ForSure88; July 25, 2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Honestly I like it sliced/chopped just as much as pulled.

You're correct. For next time cook it longer if you want it to pull.

Where's the pics?

Comment

• ForSure88
                  ForSure88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I keep getting an error that says "invalid file type" I'll upload em to imgur then put them here

Edited my post to include link.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds good for now. We can help you figure out how to use our image upload feature.

Alright, think I sorted out the pic issue.

Name:	image_11491.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	99072 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11492.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	99073

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here