Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Age Bags in US market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Age Bags in US market

Hello,

I am new to your community. I want to try maturing beef in my home. But I don’t want to invest in a special refrigerator. For starters, special membrane bags look very attractive to me. We all know UMai Dry age bags. But I found their competitors https://www.dryagedbags.com selling at a better price. Everything looks very similar. Maybe someone tried these dry aging bags? As far as I understand they are identical. The packaging looks great

Click image for larger version

Name:	front-g.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	440.7 KB
ID:	983209

Name:	back-g_1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	983210

Not familiar with them.

Comment

Bag it, if you want to dry age beef, just bag it.
      I May have to give it a try, let us know it turns out, please.

Comment

My son-law has used Umai bags with excellent results, but I cannot speak to this brand of dry age bag.

Comment

Can't speak to the particular bags you've referenced, but I've had very good experiences with the ones shown in this guy's video:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgAzJgcEXY

They are sheets that you wrap the meat in rather than bags
          Last edited by johnec00; February 1, 2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Check out their website. They have a 30 day return policy. Do a 28 day age, if your meat turns out rotten, package them up and return them for a full refund

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
              Dr. Pepper commented
              Editing a comment
              Or better yet, if the meat turns out rotten, send them the meat as well!

I contacted support they assured me that these dry age bags were made of the same material as Umai Bag. I bought! I will share the result later

Comment

W.C Fields was right about people.

Comment

I haven’t used this brand. I have used Umai many times over the past 3-4 years, both for dry aging meat as well as charcuterie and have had wonderful success. For me, knowing I am getting good results with Umai, it would be hard to switch to something else.

One thing I have found, buy the sample/starter kit from Umai, it once was the best route to go. Not sure if it still is, but you got three of each size of bag in the kit. I think there are 12-15 bags in the kit to work on all kinds of shapes and sizes of dry aging.

But, interested in hearing how your results turn out. You are going to have to turn that trial membership into a club membership so we can hear how things work.

Comment

I received a UPS tracking number after ordering. But home delivery was done by the USPS. Delivered quickly and on time. The packaging really surprised me with its luxury. Made of hard fully laminated cardboard. Great for gifts. I attach a real photo of what I found inside:

Name:	1612956071167.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	987694

After reading the instruction booklet vacuuming succeeded. They did not vacuumed as well as vacuum bags. But as far as I read the most important thing is to have bag surface contact with the meat. I will share the result in a couple of weeks. I look forward to the result

Comment

Yes, these won’t seal out like you mentioned, but making sure there is great adhesion to the meat surface is key. what are you aging first?

Comment

The bags really work. For safety, I sealed in three separate lanes.

Name:	IMG_20201115_113605.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	997448

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here