Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrapping Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapping Brisket

When I am wrapping my brisket to reduce the stall time with Aluminum Foil or Butcher Paper, should I keep it wrapped until I reach an internal temp of 203F? I noticed today when I removed the foil at about 190F the meat's internal temperature dropped about 18 degrees. I am now waiting on the temp to come back up to 203 before I pull it. I hope I am not drying the meat out

Last edited by Rganaway; January 31, 2021, 03:36 PM.

Don't wrap until you get the bark you want. Then leave it wrapped until it is probe tender throughout the flat, which is typically around 203, but can be a bit earlier on some of the higher grades.

When you unwrapped that allowed the moisture on the surface to start evaporating and cooling off the brisket aka evaporative cooling.

Comment

Jerod, thanks for the information. Do you think it will come out overcooked?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, just watch the probe tenderness in the flat. I've had flats that were 205 and still tough, good long hold after the cook wrapped in foil in a small ice chest with towels tenderized things just right.

Thanks

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!!! Just realized your join date, saw your shirt and was too busy thinking about the movie Madagascar when they said they were from New York!

Let us know how it turned out. Pictures are good

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here