Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is how I made the most of leftover tenderloin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is how I made the most of leftover tenderloin.

I made that roulade the other day, but I bought the entire tenderloin. When you cut the Chateaubriand out of the middle, you are left with two considerably large pieces that you really can't do anything with. One of them tapers off very quickly, and the other one is thick but it is made up of several muscles that don't really hold together well. I probably should have taken a picture.

Anyhow, I'm not serving this at some fancy restaurant where people might feel cheated by what I did. Everybody here at home (well, me and Mrs Mosca) is perfectly fine with this.

Bacon wrapped filet mignon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210122-WA0000.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	978480

Feel free to copy, and you don't have to give me credit. Just think kindly of me when you are cooking it!

BACON!

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      DITO,
      Bacon makes everything better.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen, Dude!!!

Really nice Mosca ! I like mine Med to Med/Rare.

Comment

Good grief. Cheating? Anything with tenderloin and bacon ain't cheating!

Comment

Bacon-wrapped tenderloin has been around for years. I may be wrong, first 1844 in Milwaukee, along with PBR.

Comment

I'm all in on this one....no harm no foul on those lil beauties

Comment

Very resourceful, them both sound an look like deliciousness jus waitin to happen, Brother!

Did ya cook em indoors, or out on yer cooker?

I certainly wouldn't be feelin cheated, I can tell that from here!

Comment

What's this " left over" tenderloin you speak of? Never heard of it

Comment

Brilliant idea, I might do that and use "meat glue" to hold it together as well as the bacon. I never know what to do with that portion of the tenderloin. Funny thing is that part costs the same as the Chateaubriand.

Comment

Great call!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here