Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Plan for First Brisket Cook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, got the first Brisket cook knocked out! Overall, I was happy with it for a first cook. The point/burnt ends turned out perfectly! The flat was also very tender and had great flavor...but a little bit dry, and the bark turned out a little mushy. Next time I think I’ll try using the injection Meathead mentioned in his recipe, and wrapping with butcher paper instead of foil. I’m not sure how to mitigate the softening of
    the bark during rest time in the cooler, but I’ll look into it. Thanks to all of you who gave some great advice. It was worth the effort!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. You did good.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job! That looks great! Especially for the first time. Butcher paper will help with the bark softening. Also spritzing the brisket during the cook can help with the dryness. It’ll only get better from here!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

Can’t cook your second one until you cook your first one. Great job!

Comment

Nice work. The next one will be even better.

Kathryn

Comment

The first one is always the hardest. Now that you’re past that, there is nothing left to fear! They all get easier and better from here. Nice work! I look forward to hearing about your follow on cooks!

Comment

Dang NotTheGolfer , you got some good feedback above. I personally have been all over the place on brisket cooks trying to dial it in, but I always to a whole packer. One of these days I am going to try a prime from Mr. Brisket up here in Cleveland, i'm told a lot of pros shop there. Good luck buddy, and a bad day smokin is better than a good day at work!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here