Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skirt Steak Vegetable Soup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skirt Steak Vegetable Soup!

Yvonne was making some "vegetable beef" soup/stew for dinner tonight, and to give away to folks we know, and ended up with two 6 quart crockpots full. When she served me up a bowl, I said "this isn't ground beef - did you buy some stew meat?". She looked at me in a questioning fashion.

Turns out she forgot the 4.5 pound pack of ground beef we bought at Sam's Club yesterday, specifically for her planned soup, and she grabbed the pack of skirt steak I had bought out of the fridge this morning, and chopped it up into little pieces, browned them, and put them into the two crockpots!

On the plus side.... I can confirm that skirt steak makes great stew meat, haha! And we have plenty of meat for me to form into hamburger patties and freeze tonight. The down side.... no skirt steak to try using for tacos and fajitas as planned! No worries... I have flank in the freezer...
    Last edited by jfmorris; January 13, 2021, 06:02 PM.

Winner.

Comment

Not a mistake. Just an tasty oops.

Comment

I have to admit that seared skirt steak in a beefy veggie soup sounds way better than ground beef. I think your Yvonne was inspired. Kudos to her!

P.S. I usually use cubed chuck in my beef veggie soup, which coincidentally, I'm planning on making in a day or two. I also use V8 juice instead of tomato juice.

Kathryn

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I also prefer V8 instead of tomato juice. Well........in my bloody Mary's.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          HawkerXP I like that drink too, without all of the tomato and celery n stuff.

I like skirt more than flank. It is fantastic grilled with fat on.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep - this was going to be my first go at grilling skirt. Maybe next time, haha!

That actually sounds really good. A nice beef flavor paired with some veggies and stock.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here