Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef rib recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef rib recipe

I was wondering if anyone out there has a good beef rib recipe. This is my first time on this site

Welcome from Maryland. Here is a good starting point for ribs: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ef-ribs-recipe

Comment

Lots of folks here do beef ribs and I'm sure there's lots of good info on doing them up right here. It might help if you told us what type of beef ribs (back, Chuck, or plate) you are looking to cook and what type of cooker you're planning to use.

Just for general purposes, use a rub with very little sugar - even just Dalmation (salt and pepper), smoke at 250-275°F until probe tender - generalist annuity 5-7 hours depending on the meat. Wood off your choice, although oak might be considered classic. Wrap, or don't, once the bark is set. When probes tender, take them off, wrap and hold in a cooler with towels for a couple of hours before serving, if possible.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; January 3, 2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

I started to post how I do ribs, but I don't know which beef ribs you have. Are they dino ribs or something else? When we know, you will get lots of help. What you are cookin' on will also help.

Basics are to dry brine, add a rub if you want, and smoke somewhere between 225° and 275° until probe tender. For beef, I like to apply pepper before putting in the cooker. Sometimes I also add garlic and/or onion powder.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia. Like RonB let us know more details and we will load you up with answers.

Comment

Hi form NW Oregon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here