Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib Roast

I'll be grilling a rib roast a few days from now. The bones were strapped to the roast with string. Is there any advantage to leaving the bones strapped to the roast?

I believe it is a disadvantage. Everything you need to know is right here.....

The Science Of Cooking Prime Rib, Tenderloin, And Other Beef Roasts Recipe (amazingribs.com)

Comment

Oh, jeez, yes. I should have known that Jedi Master Meathead has already answered this. Thanks for the link.

Comment

I know you’ll read what Meathead preaches .... but just to add my two cents worth. Those bones are way more valuable for making beef stock and gravy than they are left on the roast. And once you pull the bones off, you can roll and tie the roast into a nice tube that will cook very evenly. Want bumper to bumper med-rare? This is a huge part of the trick.
        Last edited by ecowper; December 29, 2020, 09:40 PM. Reason: Fixed a grammar mistake

Comment

• DJSpinkyLoc
          DJSpinkyLoc commented
          Editing a comment
          So you're saying it's good to leave them on for better gravy an and stock?

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, better to take them off

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          DJSpinkyLoc take the bones off. Use them to cook a stock. Use the stock to make a gravy by cooking it underneath your rib roast. It's the bomb.

I remove the bones. Why? To season that portion for the roast, and to have the ribs for another cook.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; December 30, 2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here