Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottranda
    replied
    Did I get a "bad" part of the brisket?

Leave a comment:

• CurlingDog
    replied
    looks like you have a small cut portion of one flat, maybe two or the one on the bottom in the first pic could be a point by my guess. due to the size, i would wrap in foil at 160 or so, and check for doneness at 195.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    started a topic First Brisket Attempt

First Brisket Attempt

I bought my first brisket at the butcher's market. I'll need your expertise!

My first question: Did I buy the point? Or something inbetween the point at the flat? See the pictures.

I assume I'll probe it at the thickest part and take it up to about 203.

The weight is 2.9 lbs, so how long do you think it'll take to bring her up to 203 at 225 degrees? Notice the separation of meat in the picture. Do you think I should separate those two pieces of meat?

I'm dry brining it now, and it'll be put on the grill some time tomorrow for it to be ready for dinner. Thanks for your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here