Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Round Roast - Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple salt and pepper rub. Stab the roast a few times and stuff a smashed clove of garlic in each of the holes. Cook it rare, slice it thin. Best sandwich beef ever.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6FD25FB6-EB9B-4A1C-B818-CD1A11B432B8.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	933764 My son just sent me this photo. Top round SV’d at 135 for ten hours. Ice bath for 20 min. Then seared with mayo under herb rub in. CI pan. Wow.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Beauty, that's leaping off the screen at me

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        No kidding. I’m full from my own outdoor cook. But now I want a roast beef sammie!

The best roast beef sandwich goes on a Kummelweck roll. It’s a Kaiser style roll with pretzel salt and caraway seeds baked on the top of it. Then top the sandwich with freshly prepared horseradish (No Mayonnaise with my horseradish for this sandwich)

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am familiar with this Western New York classic, usually referred to as "beef on wick." Barbara's father lived the last chapter of his life in Hamburg, on the south shore of Lake Erie. I ate plenty of beef on wick when we would go visit.

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sure you’ve had a jumbo haddock fish fry a time or two also.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        ssandy_561 - You betcha!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here