Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A5 wagyu locally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5 wagyu locally!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201027_115757.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	929980Click image for larger version

Name:	20201027_120349.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	929979

So, did you score some of that gorgeous beef? I need to make a run to Wegman’s. It’s about 12 miles away so I don’t go there much.

Comment

Yeah man. Please tell me that cheesy smelling goodness is getting in your belly! HawkerXP Did you loan Mosca the price gun? I can’t find it.

Comment

I'm with the others. Please say you bought some? Please? With sugar on top?

Comment

I bought every one they had.

Comment

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            You are the man!

Often they have A5 advertised, and it is clearly not A5. It looks nice, but it’s like USDA Prime+, and I’m not paying $60/lb for it. This, though: this is the stuff that’s $100/lb or more on line. So I got the two at $60, the one at $42, and I got my 5% senior discount. So, about $51/lb for A5 that I got to inspect before I bought. I’m happy.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet deal. Going to be yummy.

• JoeSousa
            JoeSousa commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a great price for real A5. $100 a pound is a bit hard to justify but half price??? You really can't pass up that deal. At least that is how I would justify it.

• kjbarth
            kjbarth commented
            Editing a comment
            This is awesome!

I also bought a couple bison strips. They're the exact opposite, not a speck of fat anywhere. I don't think I've ever had bison. I hear it's delicious. Reduced to $13/lb.

Comment

• JoeSousa
            JoeSousa commented
            Editing a comment
            I had some bison a month or so ago. I got some grass fed burgers, tri tip, and steaks. They were marbled more than I was expecting but still less than beef. In general cook them 5 degrees or so less than you would cook the same cut of beef. So if you like your strips at 125 cook a bison strip to 120.

I posted some info on How to cook bison so maybe that will give you some ideas: https://completecarnivore.com/how-to...ip-and-steaks/

I always buy my beef (steaks, chuck, tri-tip, etc.) at the mangers special section (reduced for quick sale). The best thing about it is that the managers special section always has the best cuts (prime, snake river) because the normal buyer passes on them.

Glad you grabbed those steaks. I would have in a heart beat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here