Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Brisket has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRF Brisket has arrived

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10426.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	93975 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10427.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	93976 This thing is huge. I will start to work on it next Wednesday with better pics. Stay tune...
    Last edited by DWCowles; July 1, 2015, 11:26 PM.

Wowzers that's huge. Dry brine the bad boy several days in advance. I'd salt Sunday for a Wednesday cook

Comment

17 lbs., that is huge!!

Comment

David Parrish I won't be cooking it til next Friday night for the 4th. Also I won't be home til Wednesday.

Comment

• barney
          barney commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait to see that bad boy !

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
        David Parrish I won't be cooking it til next Friday night for the 4th. Also I won't be home til Wednesday.

Wednesday brine for a Friday cook will work out great.

Comment

Kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Ice!!!

Comment

Wow. Awesome. Looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

Drooling in Hermosa Beach. Brisket don't get any better than that. Wowser!

Comment

Ohhhhh yeah!

Comment

Now let's talk prep. Are you separating the point from the flat, cooking it all at once, using BBBR, just salt and pepper... what's the plan? Cooking on the Rec Tec?

Comment

Ok David Parrish I'm planning on cooking it all at once with Oakridge BBQ Black OPS Brisket Rub. I will be wrapping in the pink butcher paper. No Rec Tec with this bad boy it's going on the Lang with Hickory wood.

Comment

Why pink butcher paper? What temp are you cooking at?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0097.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	399.7 KB
ID:	93974 Got the beast trim, salted, wrap and put back in fridge until Friday night. More to come...stay tune.

Comment

• BruceB
                        BruceB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is one pretty hunk o' beef

Unless my picture is wonky the grain of that muscle is running quite differently than I am used to. Cutting across the grain is usually a 45 degree angle from the horizontal length for me, this one you would cut almost sideways.

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        _John_ that was the first thing that I notice also

• _John_
                        _John_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That section that is kind of round at the bottom right, that is where I want my slices from.

Is that the point on the right after the hump? Did you line it up for the photo? Nice trim job. I think you're dissing your Rec-Tec though. Got friends who've 180-ed brisket twice cooked on a pellet cooker!

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        CandySueQ yes that is the point and that's just the way it position itself when I flip it over. I'm not using the Rec-Tec I'm using the Lang for this beast and two PBs. There will be 10 racks of BB ribs in the Rec-Tec (I hope).

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here