Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep fried brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep fried brisket?

I ran across this on youtube tonight:

95% chance that guy is a serial killer. Calling it now..
    Last edited by Steve R.; October 20, 2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      It puts the seasoning on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again.

Just not a deep fry fan so I'll pass.
    Don't know about serial killer thing but possibly involved with a state correctional facility at some time.
    And who the heck wants a 12 foot alligator stuffed and mounted in the living room?

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take the alligator!

Oh yah, Deer for Dinner, nice family setting, good eats,

Comment

Pretty cool.

Comment

Not gonna lie...if i had a turkey fryer i would 100% try that.

Comment

Deep frying the brisket notwithstanding, that is a good video, with nice production values and an easy manner about it. Seems like a nice family, even if he is misguided.

If I were thinking about deep frying a brisket, I'd just braise it instead. It's easier and healthier. I mean, he bought a deep fryer, and used 3 gallons of oil, to knock 4 hours in the oven down to 22 minutes in the deep fryer and 3 hours in the oven? Nah.

The mashed potatoes look killer though.
          Last edited by Mosca; October 21, 2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I do have a 4.5 gallon fryer on stand by at all times. I would be willing give this a try. The RV Works fryer would make short work of this.

Comment

Country Fried Steak Brisket, slice and fry.

Comment

I didn't read the article. The title itself was disgusting.....to ruin a beautiful piece of meat like that!!

Comment

Watching him working with 3 gallons of hot oil while barefoot and in shorts made me cringe!

Comment

I would like to know when a brisket flat was considered even a good piece of meat. Competition cooks have to give it 80 injections so the judges will at least take a bite.

Comment

Growing up we had beef fondue. A hot pot of oil at the table skewers meat chunks and dipping sauce. We loved it. I can't imagine doing it now but I bet this was similar in taste.

Comment

Nice video, but not something I'm going to try.
                        The "up next" was Harry Soo trying a similar thing, but then he decided to turn it up to 11. The Harry Soo video is a year old, so this might be old news...

Comment

• fzxdoc
                          fzxdoc commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What a great video. Chicken fried brisket with leftover smoked brisket. What a great idea. I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for posting the video.

Kathryn

About 16 years ago I was on the turkey frying kick for Thanksgiving. So what to do with all of that oil before it goes rancid? I did a Fish Fry..A Shrimp Fry..Fried Chicken...French Fries..After that..Well I tried a Fried Pot Roast...I Did a similar thing and Fried it first and put it in the oven...It was good but it tasted like fish and chicken because the oil must have been infused with those flavors. I remember my wife, step daughter and I sitting at the table laughing because we were eating "cheef", chicken and beef.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here