Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waygu Bonless Chuck Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waygu Bonless Chuck Ribs

Found them at My local HEB for $12 for 1.5lbs. I’m going to try to smoke them and hope that I end up with iliite pieces of rib candy with tasty bark on all sides.

Anyone got any other ideas?

That sounds amazing to me .... and remember, no pics means it didn’t happen

Comment

Sounds like a take on poor mans burnt ends! One of my favs. But with Waygu beef, maybe not poor man style! Although for $12......,
      Pics!!!

Comment

You have to do something with he rest of that cow after you take out all the expensive pieces. I’m guessing they didn’t sell somewhere else so they ended up on sale in my tiny store before they turned them into burgers. It’s nice to live in Texas.

Comment

It happened, 3hrs @ 275 great bark, a little dry because I didn’t wrap them. My wife added the green beans.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts now that I’m done eating it.

It took about 3 hrs @ 275 unwrapped. It was a little dry, but the bark was perfect. I use an off the shelf rub called Ribnoxius, it has brown sugar, and cayenne pepper with some MSG and other spices thrown in. I bought 3 more packages and on the next one I’m going to wrap them after the bark starts to stick and then unwrap them for about 15 mine to dry them out before I take them off.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here