Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribeye Steak on the PK360 (just some eye candy pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye Steak on the PK360 (just some eye candy pics)

The other night, before the Dodger game, was all by my lonesome so decided to pull a steak out of the freezer.

Equipment: PK360
    Meat: 16 oz. Prime Ribeye steak. Steak cut from the small end. There was a heavy layer of fat between the Cap and Eye and I trimmed that out and toothpicked the steak together for even cooking.
    Dry Brine: Diamond Crystal Kosher salt 1 hour before going on the grill.
    Rub: Big Bad Beef Rub (BBBR), 15 minutes before going on the grill.
    Cooking Method: Front sear to set the crust. Basting intermittently with butter. Finished steak indirect at 350d.
    Overall Results: Delicious. Pulled steak at around 130d. Let rest as I prepared sides. Picture of finished steak looks like it's cooked to medium, but it was really medium-rare. The meat on my pics always comes out looking more done than it is.

Go Dodgers!!!
    Attached Files

Eye candy it is!

Comment

YUM

Comment

sides? we don't need no stinking sides! that right there is a thing of beauty!

Comment

Awesome cook! Looks delicious!

Comment

Great Lookin steak, Amigo!

Try shootin yer pics on a darker coloured plate, or a cuttin board; it has been my experience that my foods on white~ish plates, an foil shots are always lookin th way ya describe, on accounta th auto-exposure is compin...or, alternately, learn how to override th AE with yer phone / camera.

Comment

I don't know......... looks a little on the dry side. LoL! Sweeet! Nice job!

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                HawkerXP Funny! Most everyone here is such good cooks and post great pics, sometimes I’d really like to do that....post sarcastic comments........ "Oh....that chili? Looks like crap! Wouldn’t feed that to my dog!" 😂😂😂 I wish we could do that a little more often. Maybe between some of us who we know can take a joke.
                Last edited by Panhead John; October 8, 2020, 07:23 PM.

Great cook! Makes me miss my PK

Comment

Boneless, Rib eye with Rib cap on, seared, medium rare, and juices flowing, who can ask for anything more?
                Last edited by bbqLuv; October 8, 2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The PK, doing what is is best at. Nice looking steak!

Comment

Great work! I agree, no sides needed.

Comment

Just the way it should look!

Comment

....sigh....

Comment

If you are shooting photos on a phone camera, I highly recommend Snapseed (available on both Android and iPhone) to edit your pix before uploading. I use it on pretty much every pic I take now. I usually crop my photos to get rid of unwanted stuff visible on the edges of the frames. I've also started using a feature they call "Looks" which is there when you first open a pic in Snapseed. For food pix, I really like the "look" called "Pop." It really makes the colors Pop and my food pix have been looking much better since I started using it. Be careful with it, though. It doesn't do particularly flattering things to people/faces. But there's lots of other Looks to try out. Or, you can manually adjust a whole bunch of parameters using the Tune Image tool. It's pretty easy to use, it's FREE (no ads), and it's by Google so it's particularly good with Android. I don't know if any of those things are different for iPhone. I only know it's available for it.

Here's an example of before and after applying the Z Pop Look:
                          Before:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200910_202241.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	921446

After:
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200910_202241-01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.17 MB ID:	921447
                          Last edited by Dewesq55; October 9, 2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I took the liberty of downloading the OP's pic of the cut steak and applied 2 different "Looks' in Snapseed:

Original pic:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_127482.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	921451

Pop Look:

Name:	image_127482-01.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	921452 ​​​​​
                            Accentuate Look:

Name:	image_127482-02.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	921453

Comment

• TripleB
                              TripleB commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wow, what a difference. I’ll have to try and do this. Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here