Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Burnt Ends' first-timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Burnt Ends' first-timer

I cooked a packer brisket last week, and decided to try 'Hot n' Fast'. Unfortunately, it turned out too hot. The Flat was *really* dry, and the Point was getting there, too. Not appetizing. What to do ... ? Then I realized this was an opportunity to try making 'Burnt Ends' for the first time.
    Wow, they are great! I ate them for dinner yesterday, a late lunch today, and I'm thinking of making burritos with the remainder (if I don't eat them with scrambled eggs for breakfast.) I don't want to repeat this mistake in the future, but I now know how to handle it. 👍

Glad ya were able to find a way to salvage what happened, it's th sign of a Good Cook, to be sure...

Can always make ya some chili, with th rest...please, don't ask me how I know, Brother lol
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 4, 2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• SmokingPat
      SmokingPat commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a couple of pounds of brisket from an earlier cook, and I'm almost out of chili. Another thing to cook this week.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Brisket Chili? Yum!!! I hope to se some pictures, amigo...

You Done Good! Oh Yah, brisket burnt ends.
    May I suggest pork belly Burnt Ends? I ate myself into a spasm!

Comment

• SmokingPat
      SmokingPat commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't cooked a pork belly yet. Maybe that will be this week's experience. 🤔
      Last edited by SmokingPat; October 4, 2020, 09:39 PM.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.vindulge.com/ This website has a very good, short video on pork belly burnt ends. And of course so dies how to How to BBQ Right.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here