Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new twist on finishing a steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new twist on finishing a steak

Click image for larger version

Name:	56D72931-7167-4563-A7E9-16CA039511F9.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	918047 First, SWMBO cooked a Mississippi pot roast Friday and a ¼” layer of fat accumulated over the refrigerated gravy leftovers. For the uninitiated that dish is a pot roast with ranch dressing mix
    dry onion soup mix, butter and MOST importantly
    pepperoncini peppers. She really packed them in and the fat (from the beef and the olive oil she seared it with) incorporate the pepper flavor. FF to today. I but a Prime boneless ribeye. The butcher and I look through 2 dozen or so and get the most marbled and at 11.99/lb I am happy. I salted it and Sous vided for 2 hrs at 127f. Heated the ci to hot and added that fat (patted dry just like the steak). Seared the steak about 45 seconds a side. Perfect and tender like a filet mug in but flavor like a ribeye with a nice hint of pepperoncinis. Click image for larger version

Name:	518CBAAC-935E-46B3-9663-3C74BD2F25EE.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	918046

Yum!

Comment

Nice work! A good old cast iron sear is great!

Comment

He shoots, he scores!!! Look at that cook man!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here