Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Short Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Short Ribs

Thanks for the help on previous string for recipe. I'm trying this method which looks awesome http://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/2013/0...ef-short-ribs/ but I'm skipping the spray bottle for now. I'm admittedly a bit nervous about the foil coming up (I'm 2 hours in right now). But big frustration is no internal temperature recommendation. Anyone have guidance on that?

Many like a 203 (or thereabouts) to get them tender.

Comment

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      203 is good. I posted pix and a cooking chart on another post today. --Ed

That's a lot of futzing but you can't deny Harry's results. Let us know how they turn out!

Comment

Pit Boss was right. That was a lot of Futzing!

Comment

I'm a little late, I do mine to probe tender. Some beef shorties are more marbled than others and if you rely on the 203 you might overshoot that sweet spot.
        Spraying and foiling beef short ribs, never.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          @Ernest.

Just curious what your favorite rub is for short ribs?

Breadhead salt the night before, pepper just before cooking.

Comment

I'm a bit late as well to this post. It caught my eye because I just did shorties yesterday. Salt the night before, garlic and pepper before going in. No foil, no spraying. The shorties vary everytime I get them.... some more marbled than others. I do check temps but, when smoking I tend to check for texture more than temps.

I would like to know how your shorties turned out, as I've never followed that guy's recipes. Seems like an over-kill to me... way too many ingredients for something that is so tasty by themselves, as short ribs are.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here