Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Strip Steaks on the PK360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY Strip Steaks on the PK360

As mentioned in other posts, I'm the chief chef and bottle washer at the house. On the menu last night was strip steaks with leftover mashed pots, creamed spinach and collard greens.

Equipment: PK360 (empathy to those who have currently purchased a PK360 with cracked lids. Gone through that experience with my Jambo. Need to send those boys back). A grill is a grill, but I have nothing but love for my PK360. She's so sexy.
    Meat: 3 - 10 oz. Prime (NY) strip steaks, 1/2" thick. Picked them up in the "Manager's Special" bin - $4.99/ea. Can't beat that.
    Dry Brine: Diamond Crystal Kosher salt 1 hour before going on the grill.
    Rub: Big Bad Beef Rub (BBBR), 15 minutes before going on the grill. Love this rub.
    Cooking Method: Flippin back and forth over hot fire. Only 1/2" thick. Basting intermittently with butter.
    Overall Results: Delicious. I prefer my steaks at least 1" thick, but you gotta grill what you got. Grilled to an internal temp of 137d and then right to the plates. No resting.
    Attached Files

In the hands of a true pitmaster, anything can and will be terrific. Nicely done pitmaster!! Yum, Yum, Yum.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

I would have put a "hurtin" on that steak. I don't have a 360 but do have the original PK and will never let that grill go, its just so versatile.

Comment

Them things make me want to break into walmart and get some steaks.

Comment

Nicely done! Do not have a PK, but is one of those that I would like to have for sure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here