Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket

Brisket 101: hey guys and gals, just did the best basic brisket ever. Season with 2TB each of kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper, garlic powder and dark brown sugar. Wrapped in plastic wrap overnight. Smoked to 150, wrapped in double layer of foil until 203. Placed in cambro for 2 hours. Ready to slice and eat. Wish I'd have got pic's. 1/2 inch smoke ring, and tasted great. Don't take rocket science to make great brisket, just a good method.

Congratulations and wishing you many more great briskets. They sometimes rise or fall on the quality of the meat. A thin flat can be tricky.

Comment

Thanks for sharing - what cooker and fuel did you use?

Comment

• Bruski
        Bruski commented
        Editing a comment
        Cooked on a Oklahoma Joe's Highland with a baffle plate installed using Pecan wood.

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bruski I have only recently discovered Pecan. From what I carry in bulk, I've leaned on hickory and mesquite - very different profiles - and cut way down on when I use cherry. I've gone way up on how often I use pecan recently, and am now sensitive to when hickory gives me a bit too much 'bacon' taste. Again this is all in chunks. I have lots of pellet competition mixes that I use in tubes; I don't have a pellet smoker. I 'believe' that apple is neutral, so don't use it. LoL

• Bruski
        Bruski commented
        Editing a comment
        Hickory is by far my favorite, however my father has 110 pecan trees on his property so pecan wood is easy to come by.

Congrats sounds like a great cook.

Comment

good technique, you got that right.

Comment

Nice cook, good technique, good job.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here