Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ramblings about prime rib roasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGo37
    replied
    That's the right amount of detail to inspire fearlessness, and the right amount of information to assure lots of happy eating. That's a gift - you've made a lot of folks super happy about their meal but you haven't cooked a thing for them!

I'm on a mesquite briquettes, mesquite chunks and mesquite rub tear right now. In fact, I've set my performer - Louie - aside to just use mesquite. Louie is starting to smell just awesome...

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Great job Mosca ! Wonderful and simple explanation of the process. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Very nice writeup. It inspires confidence for roasting that expensive cut of meat. Thanks, Mosca .

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    replied
    Excellent write up. Thank you so much. Can’t wait to try the next one. The picture of your finished roast is unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    I love this kind of write up. There is no set way to reach the desired end result, just guidelines and technique. Bravo man!!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Great write up, thank you.
    Gotta few more rounds to go thru, then have a go at one of these.
    Agree about the rosemary, only problem is I'm the only one that likes it the rest of the whinners don't. Oh well....

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    A picture speaks a thousand words. Me like pictures with the written ramblings

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    A great KISS job.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    Great write-up and really straightforward.

Pretty much the method I've been using the last few years based on Serious eats article. Dry brine the night before, pepper/garlic or Cow Crust on cook day. 200* oven on a rack over a pan in the lower portion of the oven. Digital probe until meat reaches 135* for medium rare - about 5-6 hours for a 3 rib roast, usually bone cut and re-tied on. when it hits IT, take out to sort of rest under foil and raise oven to 500*. After 20 minutes, put roast back in for 8-10 minutes to crisp the outside. Easey-peasey.
    Last edited by GolfGeezer; September 8, 2020, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Great write up! Thanks. That cow crust is awesome stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    Well done sir! Great write up. I appreciate the tutorial. That’s a lot of work. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Mosca great write up. Pretty closely mirrors my learning over the years. Anybody following this will be very successful.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    From your article I got the dry brining, the complete trimming of the outer fat, and the Cow Crust. And also the thing about size/time.

I mentioned it on another post, but I’ll say it again here. The secret to Cow Crust is the rosemary. It’s there in the background, giving just the slightest bit of extra, like when your lover is dressed to the nines to go out, and then adds that touch of expensive perfume. Completes the package, makes your head spin and your heart swoon.
    Last edited by Mosca; September 8, 2020, 12:48 PM.

• Meathead
    replied
    Here is my article and videos https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...er-beef-roasts

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Yup. That pretty much says it all. Nice write up. Makes it seem simple. That’s because it IS! Thx.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here