Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamburger Buddy for dinner tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamburger Buddy for dinner tonight

At your request hoovarmin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamburger Buddy 1.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	904996
    Hamburger Buddy

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 2 medium carrots, finely minced or use food processor
    • 10 ounces Crimini or white mushrooms, chopped
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 pounds ground beef
    • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    • 3 cups beef broth, divided
    • 10 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles (2¼ cups)
    • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • ¾ cup Greek yogurt
    • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or chives for garnish
    Preparation:
    1. Mince or press garlic. Finely chop carrots and onions, set aside in bowl. Chop mushrooms, and add to vegetable bowl
    1. Cook beef in a large straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables start to soften and the mushrooms release their juices, 5 to 7 minutes.
    1. Stir in 2½ cups broth, noodles and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 8 minutes.
    1. Whisk flour with the remaining ½ cup broth in a small bowl until smooth; stir into the hamburger mixture. Stir in the Greek yogurt. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes (add water if necessary). Serve sprinkled with parsley (or chives), if desired.

Cooking.Com: EatingWell Magazine 10/01/2008

Looks awesome, Brother!

Do they not sell th lil boxes, where yall's at? lol

Many Thanks fer sharin this receipt with us all, Orion!

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      I can live without Hamburger Helper, because I can do better. I can live without Rice-A-Roni, because I can do better, Taco seasoning? Better. So many things I can do so much better than the packaged stuff. But try and take my McCormick brown gravy packets, Kraft Mac & Cheese, Dennison's chili, and instant ramen. It will not go well for you.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree on th McCormick's Gravy mixes; they's actually quite good, an very handy.
      Packaged stuff, I can always do better. Sometimes, I cheat myself (not guests)...
      I'm talkin latenight overtime weeknight supper, when I wanna taste some 'food', not a burger on th way home, etc.
      Btw, might try Wolf's Brand canned chili, if available in yer area...
      mnavarre
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 3, 2020, 12:03 AM.

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on Wolf brand chili. I remember the old commercial"neighbor how long has it been since you had a hot, steaming bowl of Wolf brand chili, well that's too long".

Thanks for this ofelles. My family will love eating this!

Comment

We eat lots of pasta and mince so this is going to happen. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        So I made it for supper. Actually half made it and left the finishing touches for the wife. I was busy with burgers in the wagon when the wife came over to say Hi.
        She had seen the pasta on the counter and the pot on the stove so she threw the shells into boiling water.
        Lets leave it there and say I gave her instructions on how I thought best to finish it. It didn't quite end up looking like yours but it did taste good.
        I will do again myself from start to finish.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        holehogg Sometimes being helpful is not so much helpful 😁
        Glad you liked it.

Looks grand ofelles and thanks for the recipie..
      never seen or heard of this so this was New to me.. but will be tried!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here