Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at Short rib plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! I have one sitting in the freezer, may have to cook it up.

By the way where has Troutman been? I don't remember hearing his wisdom lately, hope he is okay. (His name has been said a least 3 times, that should force him to appear!)
    Last edited by ofelles; September 3, 2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Those look deeeeeelicious! I’ll take the center rib.

Comment

Once again, thank you all for your comments and help. I am really happy the way they turned out and even my wife, who usually eats like a bird (a parakeet) had a fair amount and enjoyed it. My daughter, looked at it when she came down for dinner, looked at it as if it was the worst thing she had ever seen and I told her to stop making faces, but she reluctantly took the center bone. After she had cleaned the bone of the tiniest scraps of meat, she had a big smile on her face.

I think my next effort will be on labor day when I will attempt spare ribs. I prefer the baby backs or St Louis cut, but this is being done to please my wife. Any suggestions on this will be welcome

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome. Sooo glad everyone enjoyed your cook.
          I can only dream of this as it’s just me and my wife. And she doesn’t like bbq. 😢

I realize that any advice on the spare ribs should be in the pork section, so I will repeat the request there

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here