Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless Short Ribs, Beef Ribs & Small rack of pork spares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless Short Ribs, Beef Ribs & Small rack of pork spares

Hey there BBQ Gurus,

I have clean out the freezer cook tomorrow. Looking for some cook time advice. Planning to cook all at 225 on my BGE. I have a small rack of pastured pork spare ribs, a full rack of beef ribs from rib roast in December and 3 grass-fed beef short ribs. I've hit them all with some Denny Mike's rub for the night, I figure I'll smoke 'em over some oak and apple or cherry. How long do ya think or what's the timing on them all.

I feel like beef ribs need 8-10 and pork spares should be in the 6-8 range.

Thanks!!

In my experience, you’re right on the money.

Comment

Sounds like a plan, I'd check them all at about 5 hrs and keep it simple, cook 'em until they probe tender, then eat

Comment

• TimmyR
        TimmyR commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. Good plan. I’ll need to sort of time it or just plan to cambro to hit dinner at 6

Ooh, ooh, ooh, when I heard Wibs & Wibs & more Wibs my ticker went putter pitter! Pics man, we want some pics!

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on the pics. It will give us a better perspective of exactly what you’re cooking.

Oh an btw ignore FireMan 😂😂😂

Beef ribs just went on. Here are pics of the rib selection today.....beef ribs, boneless short ribs, pork spare ribs.

Cooking using Fireboard 2 Drive
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh yeah! That’s gonna be some good eatin!

Comment

The finish. I love beef ribs.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup. That’s a winner

Originally posted by TimmyR View Post
          The finish. I love beef ribs.
          Shorts ribs finished last
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yum. I have a massive rack of Dino ribs in the freezer from Porter Road. Time to take out....,

It was all really good. The spares and shorts were from Walden Farms. The short ribs were a little tough but I had to foil them to get them to 203 and they did not rest.I think longer would've made them more tender. The spares were a tad dry and as for the beef back ribs, I love them.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here