Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wagyu Brisket 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagyu Brisket 2.0

Hey y’all! Some of you might recall my wagyu brisket from June. Well, it was a lot and I cryovac’d and froze the other half. I would like to reheat and enjoy it again. Suggestions? Wrap and slow bake? Sous vide? If Sous vide, what temp and how long? I’m going to troll the internet for answers, but wanted to reach out here first.

You need about an hour per inch of thickness. If frozen, double it. As far as temp, enough to heat it to your liking for eating. For safety, you might want to stay at our above 145°, not that I necessarily do that. I would stay well below the IT you originally cooked it to so as to avoid additional cooking.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s thawed now. It’s about 2-2.5” thick. So 2 hours sounds about right? Thanks for the advice. I will post results after dinner 🍻

I personally like and air-tight foil wrap and slow bake: less chance of overcooking/mushifying and the tight aluminum keeps the juice in. You could do this in an indoor oven or with indirect heat out on the barbeque/grill/whatever you are cooking with outside. And if you end up with a lot of juice, you can make a sauce to go over the meat or a starch of some sort. Smokey gravy is good.

If it is as hot as it has been here and/or your humidity is high, I recommend trying the sou vide!

Comment

I sous vide at 140 for an hour per inch of thickness and then pop into a 400 F oven for a few minutes to quickly reset the bark.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Reset the bark! Copy that!

• Foehn Watts
        Foehn Watts commented
        Editing a comment
        I like that too! But "reset the bark" sounds like something you would do to a robot dog. . . ;-)

Turned pretty good, y’all! Went two hours at 130F. About 7-8 minutes under broil setting in the toaster oven.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Foehn Watts
        Foehn Watts commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks really good. Was the bark the right texture for you?

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Not quite the same as the original, but it had a nice bite! And because I still had brisket left, made a small pot of chili. It rocked!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here