Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Back Ribs Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Back Ribs Question

Just put these little beef ribs on the smoker +/- 250°. BBBR..I'm thinking at more or less 2 hour mark I should wrap them and maybe add a little coffee..Or Beef stock...Both...or something else...Any and all suggestions are welcome. I haven't done beef ribs in several years and my memory has lapsed on how I did them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4680.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	899636

I never wrap my beef ribs. Screws up the bark. But I know many people do. Regardless, enjoy the ribs!! One of my favs.

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      @Jfrosty So basically just like pork ribs....Leave em on until they are done.

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. That’s it.

I never wrap back ribs, don't see much point since they cook fairly quickly. Hmm, I think I've got a three bone rack in the freezer....

Comment

I have always cooked back ribs like pork spares ribs until the last time when I did them SVQ and was blown away at how good they were. They were pink inside, be juicy, tender with a decent amount of bark and smoke flavor. I did sauce them and grilled them off on the gasser.

Comment

I am a keep it simple guy & beef ribs seem to love that treatment. SPG, 250ish degrees, no crutch, just cook'em 'til they jiggle and enjoy one of nature's finest creations

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here