Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Seared Ribeyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Seared Ribeyes

My Dad's 73rd Birthday today, we celebrated with Prime Grade Ribeye's last night! 2 of them 40 day Dry aged and 3 people wanted fresh.

What really got me amped was figuring out how to get the best sear with the equipment i have available. What that was for me was I stopped being lazy and clarified my own butter. I pat them dry after getting them to temp in the 225 oven, brush with clarified butter, and plop them on a blazing gasser with an upside down GrillGrate acting like a griddle. It was finally the all over sear I had been looking for!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ween.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	899066

Fantastic!
    Good job with the grillgrates.

Comment

• Schwyy
      Schwyy commented
      Editing a comment
      I've actually pretty much have the grill grates turned over now permanently. Poor man's Blackstone Griddle!

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. I've always used them flat side up.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Schwyy show me a Blackstone griddle that can get to 800F :-D

Those look good. Nice char. Making me hungry.

Comment

Outstanding. You are a good son!

Comment

• Schwyy
        Schwyy commented
        Editing a comment
        That's why we cook, cause it's easy scoring "Good Son Points" while im chowing down on a ribeye myself!

Mmmmmmm Clarified Butter!

Comment

I agree with the Grill Grates as well. I have 2 up / space / 2 down across grill. I have been doing the same and trying to figure a good oil to use that doesn't hurt the flavor and love the clarified butter idea.

I was recently given some Grill Mates Brazilian Steakhouse rub and marinated some ribeye's with that and olive oil cut up for Shish-K-Bobs. Give the chunks were smaller I just went hot and fast on the grill grates (flat side down) and it was excellent. I want to try it on a full Ribeye. I know this goes against dry brining but it was seriously good stuff.

Comment

• Schwyy
          Schwyy commented
          Editing a comment
          I use grilled mates all the time and I love the Brazilian. give it a shot on a ribeye, if it's no good there's always the next ribeye!

Love it. That's some McGyver cookin' there!

Comment

I can taste 'em!

Comment

Them's some Damfine lookin Ribeyes, amigo!

Nice Job!!!

Great sear, my mouth is waterin, now, so if I git a DUI goin to HyVee, I'm call ya to throw my Bail, on accounta it's yer fault LOL!

Comment

• Schwyy
              Schwyy commented
              Editing a comment
              ill pass that bill on directly to Meathead!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here