Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better than Kat/z smoked brisket ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better than Kat/z smoked brisket ?

O.K. so I just got a 13.6 lb brisket and have done the pastrami before and have done a brisket, before all this shutdown and a loss of my meat lover partner Mark. My wife does not eat a lot of beef. Question-- How is the best way to divide the brisket? Split down the middle or point/flat? I am going to do both with this cut. Want to start curing for pastrami, Thought I would brine for smoking brisket in home made beef broth/salt mix. Any ideas would be great. Thank you in advance

A combination of split down the middle and point/flat. I say that because the two muscles overlap some, and it's hard to truly separate them perfectly without getting thin little tapered ends. You'll probably need to trim the fat band between the two and start peeling one layer up as you trim that fat out, and then end up just slicing somewhere down the center and leaving a bit of each on the other. Separating is good since not only will it help reduce cure time and the need for a huge curing container, but then you can cook each muscle to its own 'done' level irrespective of the other.

Comment

What he said

Comment

Great. Thank you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here