Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angus Chuck Roast on SALE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angus Chuck Roast on SALE

I got an email from Krogers advertising their weekly sales today and their Angus boneless chuck roast is on sale for $2.99 lb. with Kroger card.
    Last edited by DWCowles; June 10, 2015, 10:26 PM.

Heck yeah, @DWCowles.
    perfect for trying out your new SnS. I will have to check our Kroger's tomorrow.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Powersmoke_80 they also have Spare ribs for $1.99 lb. with Kroger card.

This is one of my Quirks... If a grocery store has 2 prices, one for cardholder's and one for all others. They are telling me we FULLY intend on screwing non-cardholders. I FULLY refuse to shop at those stores!!!

COSTCO has 1 price. You can't get in without a card. I can live with that.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      How long does it take to ask the cashier for a card? Plus they are free and card holders get discount on gas. To save $2 per lb on a chuck roast that's normally $4.99 lb give me the card.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      @DWCowles

It's principle... They are saying to me, sign up for our card or I'm going to screw you.

No thanks...

I made my living in sales and marketing.

They have made a calculate risk that people will submit to their demand of signing up to get the low price. Not considering that some might be offended by them saying, if you don't I'm going to screw you out of your hard earn money every time you come into my store if you don't.

I've never, nor will I ever, submit to their demand. I have other options, places to shop that don't demand my submission to their marketing ploy. I choose to say no.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      That's your choice but at least they don't charge for a membership card just to get in the door. Don't really see to much of a difference only one you save money and the other you pay to get inside and save nothing. Oh well whatever 😊

My local Kroger notes that the ribs were previously frozen. Any issues with that? I've never bought (knowingly) previously frozen meat.

Comment

If you're going to cook say in 3-4 days it will be fine. If they are having a sale on meat that I don't plan on cooking Soon I will check with the meat dept to see if they have some that is frozen. Most of the time they do. I know their ribs comes off the truck frozen but I don't think the Ribeyes or Chuck roast do. Anyway fuzzydaddy you can check with their butcher.
      Last edited by DWCowles; June 11, 2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here