Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef that makes the best leftovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef that makes the best leftovers

As much as people pan leftovers we all eat them and many things (chili) improve a bit (so some claim). What’s your favorite leftover BEEF item. Click image for larger version

Name:	B4BB379A-38BB-4A2C-AE5E-6B25D8F12D6B.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	892448 For me it is leftover brisket. Look at this slice I just ate. 3 days old but moist and in my mind as good as it was day one. Maybe the wagyu holds up better. Your thoughts?

I love left over brisket. Dare I say I almost like it better the next day straight out of the fridge??? And it is great cubed up in some chili.

I am not usually a fan of leftover ribeye, NY strip, etc. There is no good way to heat it up that brings it even close to how good it was right off the grill.

Carne Asada skirt steak might be my favorite leftover beef (besides brisket). You can pretty easily reheat it in a skillet for some breakfast burritos or tacos and it is great chopped up in queso.

Pot roast or anything braised like that heats up well too.

Comment

• Parkin
      Parkin commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the Carne Asada! Always good in leftovers...I've had good luck slicing leftover ribeye, vac sealing it and reheating in hot water for steak sandwiches.

First of all, I love leftovers. I guess if it was good enough to eat the first time, why not a second or third time? But I will say that with some things, a little creativity With repurposing is required along with some understanding of the best way to reheat items.

Now on to the beef! I think for me it would be pot/chuck roast. So much flavor and so many things you can do with it with little danger of ruining it.

Comment

I love left over Pastrami. The longer those flavors have time to meld, the better. It is the best for Samies.

Brisket is also a favorite for me too, its basically the same thing as Pastrami......makes great sandwiches. However, nothing beats making chili out of it.

Comment

Pastrami eaten cold with my fingers while I toss leftover pulled beef chuck roast into my fav chili recipe.

Kathryn

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed but I don’t know about leftover pastrami.. no matter how much I make...

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Girl, you got game.

Chuck roast - goes into beef enchiladas and/or roast beef sandwiches.

Comment

Leftover ribeye sliced thin and warmed just enough to take the chill off, no more, and served with over-easy eggs and toast.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I do the same with any steak leftovers, and slip them into a omelet with cheddar, onion, peppers, mushrooms and baby spinach leaves.

I love to make pot pies from left over chucky.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yum! Ahm'a haveta try that one; loves me some pot pies...

Great Suggestion, Brother!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Was gonna do these here fer breakfast, but right now I cain't even seem to recollect where I mighta hid my pot, last night...

Any kind of steak is great on a salad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BsmjHUKqsnPVHc6rl11zPUXb04Ma_gXc-ASCtQgPxZmvbl1YuflMFPx5B8FYfRYuDUzfmVZZCbElDQG4lCm7wDI2tU-limrLeJ7g7jajxueMkFUaleNWu9l2WXjOuPd7rjV1LXm8Vv_aa7KqG5ellXJ23NFJj1bd3k_UPCbAmOQAOAQc56GN4fGqVxV2c1Lf5FhYop-QLZKIf44HgFgDj8FLUy_lgQVQVHzYDaltgZejwRoXQrPRJO_2cIpHUZY
Views:	210
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	892515

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            ...and you eat mostly the steak.

K.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            fzxdoc Funny! But when I sit down with a plate like that I always leave it clean =)

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a work of Art, pretty as a picture.

I LOVES me some leftover beef, any ol kind...

I can always think up some kinda way to use it in another dish...I often use smoked KC Strips to make chili, fer example...

That bein said, I'd haveta say that fer me, at least, leftover chuckie is th Universal Donor Beef to have me some leftovers of...

Jus so dang dang many ways ya can utilize it, an such great Beefy flavour!!!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 7, 2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Sirloin Tip, a New England staple.

Is more tender more towards medium, so reheating is easy and low pressure.

Comment

I like left over ribeye steak sliced thin, warmed up along side a couple sunny side up eggs and a little sausage gravy for breakfast.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Suh+Weet, but only
                'a little sausage gravy'?

Pshaw, Sez I LOL
                I'm okey dokey fine with Pellet cookers, SV, an alla dat, but Gravy Rationin?
                Probly, decidedley, not whatcha'd zackly call a 'Good Idea' fer a Very Large part of this here Country lol

I'm a +1 on the brisket bandwagon for leftovers, though there are rarely any leftovers. My friends are savages when it comes to brisket. I also love leftover sliced ribeye at room temperature with a little mayo mixed with hot sauce on the side.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here on lack of brisket leftovers. I’ll paraphrase smokin fool in saying my family and friends are Great Whites. In

Brisket is easily #1 for me, followed by pastrami and pulled chuck roast. I almost don't even consider day or two old pastrami "leftovers" because of how it actually gets better.

Comment

I see a lot of comments about left over ribeyes. One question, how is it possible to have left over ribeye?

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here