Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence Rib-eye ala Meathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence Rib-eye ala Meathead

Went to the butcher to pick up some produce the other day. (Yes, my butcher has excellent produce) However, the Spencer rib-eyes looked too good to pass up.

I've never been happy with the steaks I've grilled, so had pretty much given up on them. But what the heck. I broke out Meatheads book. Followed his directions for thick steaks. Dry brined for a few hours. Got the Weber kettle set up for indirect. Didn't use a thermometer, but I know it was close to 225.

Put the spencers on, then flipped after 7 minutes. About the time She Who Must Be Obeyed brought a couple of gin and tonics out to the grill. After 7 more minutes, and a few sips, checked the internal temp and all looked good. Kept flipping them per instruction, and sipping.

When they hit 110 they went on direct heat, and came of at 130. Meathead's time was 30 minutes. Mine came out in 27.

Perfect medium rare! With roasted home grown crook-neck squash, baked potato and a bottle of chianti we had a feast that made us forget about 2020 for a bit.

Sounds delish. I think my weekend menu is coming into focus. I have a couple Wagyu rib eyes that need cooking. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Congrats on a great cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here