Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reddit Steak Experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddit Steak Experiments

I saw this on a Reddit Food Blog and thought some of you may enjoy this.

Yeah.. Meathead invented that afterburner method, I think... It works good by the way, just sayin... 👍

Extreme Steak: Wild And Crazy Ways To Get A Killer Sear

Here are four offbeat methods for cooking steaks that work amazingly well: The Afterburner Method where you cook on a hot charcoal chimney, the Vigneron Method where you cook with twigs, the Caveman Method where you cook right on hot coals, and the Stripsteak Method where you sous vide in butter then sear on a grill.

Also... I see this is your first post...

Welcome Aboard!

Comment

Interesting for sure. Will certainly put a nice crust on a steak. Not quite sure who, if anyone invented that but, I would grill steaks that way over a fire in a terracotta pot... some 25 years in college.

Comment

I have used Meathead s Afterburner method several times it works really good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cookingthestrip1.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	88937
        Attached Files
        Last edited by smarkley; June 9, 2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

He puts pepper on before using high heat. I don't think that is a good idea as the pepper can burn. He also says to let the steaks come to room temp.
          They were fine looking steaks though!

Comment

yeah... I did the Pepper thing and you can see it burned a little... also there was a bone in that strip steak it kind of burned too

Comment

I can see this as a quick makeshift griler/sear if nothing else is around, or perhaps a quick intense sear while the coals are getting ready.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here