Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked meat loaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A5DB3C9-DE38-48BA-AA69-6D6C2E50644A.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	887344

I saw this post this morning and we decided to make smoked meatloaf tonight for supper it was good.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoked meatloaf is on the menu for thurs night but if my kids see onions and peppers in there they’ll lose there minds
      Ah well, they go hungry thurs night

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not a big onion fan but if we chop them fine enough and cook them they are OK.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool food processor; alla th taste, no visual, or textural evidence fer th kids to find

Hmmm...I have to say...
    Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of meatloaf. It's just sorta "meh" to me.
    BUT...
    I've seen a few on here than might just change my mind...and this is another one. Well done.
    I'm thinking I might need to try one in the not too distant future.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      As a kid we ate so much meatloaf I began to take on its shape.
      Was so sick and tired of it didn't eat in decades, time to get over it and smoke one. .

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, Smoked Meatloaf is a WHole Nuther Game...

• Argoboy
      Argoboy commented
      Editing a comment
      I know hat you mean, my wife growing up ate a lot of beef her dad was a beef farmer and there is a lot of round steak on a steer and to this day she is not fond of steak.

Go easy on the smoke. It is really attracted to meat loaf. I used 2 medium chunks of apple wood. It came out great. Could of used one I think.
    The glaze was 1 cup matchup, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Heat to a simmer. Glaze the last hour of cooking. Took 3 hours.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here