Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Grills Pellet Smoker: Brisket Doesn't Get Black on the Outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try adding brown sugar and or white sugar to the rub you are using may help caramelize into the meteorite your looking for
    Honestly a mahogany colour is more than adequate if the meat is cooked but most strive for meteorite

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
      Well it sounds you’re doing everything you can to get more bark. Must just be the cooker.
      It tasted amazing, so... I decided to just stop worrying about it! 😊

Comment

Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
        Try adding brown sugar and or white sugar to the rub you are using may help caramelize into the meteorite your looking for
        Honestly a mahogany colour is more than adequate if the meat is cooked but most strive for meteorite
        Makes sense about the sugar! Yes, I think I've decided to stop worrying about it, because it was delicious! ☺

Comment

If you're REALLY wanting a nice black bark for cosmetic reasons, I don't think you can go wrong with this. I have even tried adding a little food grade activated charcoal to my existing rubs, and it does work without changing the flavor at all.

Comment

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw hardcore carnivore black at the store last week and wondered about it.

You like it?

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            BFlynn, it's fine. I think I was more intrigued by the use of activated charcoal as an ingredient than anything.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here