Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much boneless rib roast for 8 adults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much boneless rib roast for 8 adults?

Bought a 15lb rib roast. Only feeding between 6-8 people usually so I’m thinking I’ll cut it into a couple of smaller roasts and maybe a couple steaks. What size roasts should I cut?
    Attached Files

I've heard about a half pound per person in the past. A "serving" of steak is 3 oz or about the size of a deck of cards (which is less than half of a half-pound).

I bet you could cut that monster into 3rds and be fine if there's some good sides around. But if you cut it in half, you just end up with leftovers for the next few days and don't have to worry about whether it's enough or not.

Comment

Since it is boneless, cook the whole roast as is and then slice as you would any roast beef. 15# is plenty for eight hungry folks. Hope it goes well.
      Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good,
        Now I am hungry, That is one good looking cook.

It would depend on what side dishes you plan to serve but I usually do 10-12 oz of beef per person. I’ll serve a cheese and smoked sausage plate as a starter then have a starch and two veggies along with the meat at dinner.

Comment

I recently did a 5.5 pounder for six adults and there was plenty. Even had a little left over. Cut that baby in half and you'll be fine.

Comment

• rodkeary
          rodkeary commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

Click image for larger version

Name:	37FF4046-C709-4B7C-93B7-AB1116015EF0.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	885634Click image for larger version

Name:	71C8C970-74DD-4C84-B92B-DCB5490A226E.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	885635 Here’s that 5.5 pounder I mentioned above. Roasted a batch of potatoes along with it. We had a veggie as well which I didn’t get a photo of. Like I saild plenty of food for six.

Comment

• wu7y
          wu7y commented
          Editing a comment
          That is one good looking roast. Great job!

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here