Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first brisket

I’m very excited for my first brisket! From the beginning was difficult get this cut because in Spain isn’t common, so I had to ask as many butchers as I could. Finally when I got it I couldn’t believe it.

I only use salt and pepper in my dry rub and started in 275 with charcoal and wood sticks. I opened the lid 3 hours later to spritz the brisket and temperature, I repeat this every 30 minutes.

From the fifth hour of cooking began the stall, the temperature raised up just 10 degrees in three hours, so I pumped up the temperature until 300.

When the brisket temperature was in 170 I wrapped up and cooked for 4 hours more. Then i put to rest for an hour.

The result was amazing, the tenderness was pretty good and moisture too, flavor could be better, but I’m very glad to be the first brisket that I’ve made.

Attached Files

Beautiful...congrats on your maiden cook!! Looks amazing!! Beautiful bark

Comment

That's a great looking brisket. Next time add about 1teaspoon of salt per kilo the day before you want to cook it. Then rub with pepper bofore cooking (and adding some garlic powder and onion powder to the rub might help the flavor too).

Comment

• Frantirod
        Frantirod commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll try in that way next time

Congratulations, that is a fine looking brisket! Maybe take a sample of it to the butcher who was able to get you the cut, and show him what can be done with it. Might be easier to get another one next time!

Comment

Great looking brisket.

Comment

Congratulations! Your first brisket looks great!

Comment

Very well done.

Comment

I'd be in for that, nice cook but....wherez the beans????

Comment

• Frantirod
                Frantirod commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol....the beans were eaten earlier

Very nice cook!!! Looks like you just set a really high bar for future cooks...HA

Comment

That's a good looking brisket! they only get better.

Comment

Beautimous briskly, amigo!!!!

Glad to hear they was beans, as well; practically mandatory lol!!!!
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 24, 2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Great job. Wish my first brisket looked like that. Shoe leather was what my first brisket came out like.

Comment

• Frantirod
                      Frantirod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! I didn’t know what to expect, but I was careful in all details, and the result surprised me

Congratulations, looks good

Comment

• Frantirod
                      Frantirod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you!

Great looking Brisket. Keep up the good Smoking

Comment

• Frantirod
                      Frantirod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! I’ll keep smoking, this was a fuel.

Greetings from Aranjuez. Time to unite in a small group of Spanish Authentic American Barbecue promoters.

Let's see if we can get some small group together in Spain/Spanish.. Dedicated to the American way of doing BBQ. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200529_154831_923.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	902084

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here