Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does paper colour matter for smoking brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does paper colour matter for smoking brisket?

Hi all,

I am looking to get a roll of untreated and unwaxed butcher paper.

i checked my local butcher and they only have the coated version. I checked amazon for kraft paper. Is there any difference between the white and pink paper? It’s for smoking a brisket.

e.g.

vs

Never saw anyone use white but if all is the same I would.

Comment

It just needs to be untreated kind with no coating.

Also, I would recommend going with something wider than 18" if you can find it.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed.

The pink paper is supposed to be food safe. I'm not sure about any of the others. I'd look for a statement that it is food safe personally.

Comment

Read through the blogs here to get some answers. http://www.oren-intl.com/blog Here in the US butcher paper needs to be FDA approved for food contact. Kraft paper is not. Peach paper is engineered for handling the extra moisture during smoking.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          what he said.

This is the one I use. Just had a new roll delivered today oddly enough. 24". https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mazingribs--20

Comment

• TheQuietOne
          TheQuietOne commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Huskee. It's really weird never knowing. I didn't know currency (greenbacks) was actually green until I was in my 40s so I ask about these things now.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          TheQuietOne Lol, it's not really "green", it's more of a grey-ish with some hints of green here and there. Of course I don't see much of it to really remember, this is my best recollection...

• TheQuietOne
          TheQuietOne commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks all gray to me. I have to trust when people tell me what color things are. It has its compensations. My wife doesn't ask me to help pick paint colors.
          Last edited by TheQuietOne; July 22, 2020, 04:29 PM.

Thanks for the advice! I found some pink butcher paper that is food grade. It’s also 24 wide.

cheers!

mike

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here