Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pulled beef test ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any pulled beef test ideas?

I have done a lot of pulled pork tests, so I figured while i'm doing a pair of chucks tomorrow I might as well test out some things.
    I can use PBC or 22.5 kettle, current plan is to toss on the kettle, but don't care either way. I have dry brined them and they will go on at about 4am unless one of these tests messes that up.

If you have any ideas let me know!

No ideas, _John_ , just curious as to why you chose to use the kettle over the PBC.

Kathryn

Comment

Lunch got moved to dinner but haven't started yet. I didn't plan on hanging, so at that point the main benefit of the PBC is gone, and i'd argue the kettle is better at indirect than the PBC.

I've seen them done sliced like a brisket, pulled like pork and even made into burnt ends, I may try all 3 of those!

Comment

Well the only test I could do today is whether I can give my family botulism. I have an outside refrigerator/freezer I keep meat and beverages in and this morning the meat was just too brown looking so I tested it and it was 48 degrees.

My chimney is ready to dump, but the only thing i'm dumping is 30 bucks of once great looking chuck.

Edit: On the bright side the freezer seems fine right now, it has 100 pounds of pork shoulder so at least I didn't lose that.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Well the only test I could do today is whether I can give my family botulism. I have an outside refrigerator/freezer I keep meat and beverages in and this morning the meat was just too brown looking so I tested it and it was 48 degrees.

My chimney is ready to dump, but the only thing i'm dumping is 30 bucks of once great looking chuck.

Edit: On the bright side the freezer seems fine right now, it has 100 pounds of pork shoulder so at least I didn't lose that.
          Huge bummer. Perhaps a quick trip to the store??

Comment

Huskee Fortunately I just saw a ribs in an hour recipe!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Rendezvous recipe?

Huskee No that Martha Stewart boiling recipe. I just bought some baby backs, seasoned them up good and tossed them on.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Huskee No that Martha Stewart boiling recipe. I just bought some baby backs, seasoned them up good and tossed them on.
              Hahaha, _John_ . You'd be boiling ribs about as soon as Meathead would.

Kathryn
              Last edited by fzxdoc; June 7, 2015, 06:21 AM.

Comment

_John_ my son pick me up two chuckles this past Thursday and my granddaughter put the salt to them and re wrap so when I get home early morning hours tomorrow (Sunday) they will go in the Rec Tec. Sorry to hear about the fridge.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here