Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th of July Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th of July Brisket

USDA prime brisket. Eyeballed point and flat and I’m just smoking the flat. Used some salt and pepper and carne crosta rub from oakridge.

I’ll turn the point into burnt ends another day.
    Attached Files

Running a touch hot. The smells are great though. Using hand chopped 🥋 red oak.
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks great .... what’s the temp running at?

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        260 seems fine to me .... I like to cook most things somewhere around 250. Except pork butt, run that about 275. But that 400F .... man, that’s a touch hot

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. It was an accident. Haha.

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        That's even hot for Ahumadora ...lol

😋 mmmmm
      Attached Files

Comment

This amount of coals runs 240-260. Such a small amount of coal. I had my wood pre warming so it ignited quickly.
        Attached Files

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you think if the cooker was loaded with more meat you would need more coals to keep your temp?

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper yes. But didn’t think of it 😀 for my smoker, it’s a hard balance between the right temp and too hot bc the sticks make it too hot bc the coal bed wasn’t big enough and it needed some sticks. Did that make a lick of sense?

I’m also on a new batch of wood. Well, not new. Seasoned. But differently seasoned from another batch of wood I got a long time ago, but ran out. So, I’m learning this batch.

15 lb brisket put on 9:00 pm on WSM with Cyber Que, currently at 191 and just starting to feel tender. This will end up about a 16 hour cook.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wrapped it at 180. My 4 year old took a picture of me. I told him to get the smoker in there too, but that might be above his pay grade.
          Attached Files

Comment

The payoff
            Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Outstanding

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here