Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIno Ribs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIno Ribs ?

Well, here it is and it is June and I still have not cooked this cut of beef. I am not able to get any locally right now. So, that means I need to consider buying online. Since that opens up my choices, or so I think it does. Do I want Prime? I'd like to start off with a better cut if I am going to buy online. Thanks in advance. Also, if you have a preferred retailer, let me know. (If that is not an allowed policy here, let me know and I will edit that out.

I've been very happy ordering from Creekstone Farms lately. I usually spring for the 2 day shipping to make sure things stay frozen.
    They have prime chuck short ribs at the moment.

I've only ever cooked choice shorties, or the equivalent. And they've always turned out great.

Comment

I do shorties all the time. Just love them. However hard to find lately. I have done both choice and prime and they seem to be the same to me.

Comment

Regarding Prime vs Choice, with shorties IMHO it doesn't matter too much.

Comment

If ya want NAMP 123A, I'm a fan of Snake River Farms. Not cheap though. Believe it or not down in my parts of Texas, these dang things are kinda hard to find. Big fancy chef's order these things by the truck load. Franklins... I know Ronnie Killen of Killen's SteakHouse snatches these things up the second they hit town. And he uses SRF too. But they are dang dang good. You can only eat one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3369.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	867831

Last edited by lonnie mac; June 22, 2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Does your grocery store or butcher sell any kinds of short ribs at all? At my grocery store they never put out whole short rib racks but always have them if I ask. They usually cut them up into small pieces or flanken style ribs.

Comment

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              ^^^^^this!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here