Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket stall at 190?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket stall at 190?

Sorry if this has been discussed- been a while since I checked in. I've done several briskets on a kamado joe and they always hit a second stall at 190. Wondering if this is a "thing" or not. Cheers and thanks

Oh yeah. Multiple stalls is just part of the fun! Just remember we are looking for probe tender. Had some doing that around 190*.

Comment

If the stall(s) last long enough, the meat will be done at a lower temp as HawkerXP said. Remember, both time and temp play a roll in tenderness.

Comment

I haven’t done enough briskets to consider my results statistically significant, but on my equipment it seems the higher quality the meat, the lower temperature they are done. I’ve pulled SRF Gold Wagyu at 190, and Sams Club choice at 205.

Comment

I ruined one that came up to a done temp real fast and I tried to push it higher due to not noticing. I will always wrap now and go for probe tender. Wiggles like Jell-O.

Comment

With the low air flow in Kamados running low and slow, I wouldn't be surprised if someone documented 80+ stalls on a brisket one day. I've typically had the 'ol 150-F stall and then another around 183-F.

Comment

It's a thing! I've seen several stalls on long cooks of butts or brisket.

Comment

Yup, multiple stalls ain't uncommon...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here