Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice: Cooking an american wagyu flat iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice: Cooking an american wagyu flat iron

Im guessing its not going to be too different from doing a reg flat iron. Hot and fast to medium rare? Im also assuming it might cook faster? Never really cooked wagyu before but i know a few people here have so just wondering if there are any specific watch outs or tips etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flat iron.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	853561

I think you better send that to me and I'll evaluate the cook and let you know. Ok?

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought your old avatar was scary.

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahaha

I like wagyu done a bit further than regular prime and lower. I think because the fat needs to render a bit.

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Potkettleblack so would you recommend a little 2 zone to render the fat or just take it a little higher on the hot and fast side?

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Either way. I don't usually like anything cooked medium, but I think wagyu is better that way. Flatiron may work differently.

Name:	539A823C-5CD3-4C64-9503-544792B1107D.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	853803

good lord

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, Brother!
      Whadda they raise these cattle on? Twinkies an Ho-Hos?

Are they even slaughtered, or jus keel over from a MCI, at 2-3 yrs old?

Dayumm, that's Marblin City...

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      looks like my liver

Beautiful piece of meat, eagerly awaiting pictures of your cook. I bought a wagyu flatiron that arrived today. Can't wait to cook it but I'm going to wait on my Rancho Gordo bean shipment.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      An excellent pairin, lookin forward to that event, Brother!
      Curious bout bevvies choice, fer that menu...

Name:	74A92545-615C-42B0-9596-B39A79ECF0EC.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	854483 Omg nommmm

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      The correct advice would have been : Bring it to my house and cook it!! My favourite cut o beef... looks smashing!!

I was gonna recommend a front sear.

honestly with good meat you don’t need to worry about gray bands. Good meat cook well is tender AF despite gray band.

That cook looks great!!!

Comment

Oh my lord that looks delicious.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here