Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doner Kebab on MB560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much for all the additional info. I'm going on a quest for that book. As if I need another cookbook.

Kathryn

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like it because it has all of the cool recipes that people are making in food trucks versus the traditional stuff. Lots of good ideas!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Just ordered it. Thanks for the link, STEbbq .

K.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Would love to hear your thoughts on it once it arrives!

Ok, so I went with chicken breast (pounded to about 1/4 in. thickness) and made the marinade exactly as described in Street Eats cookbook. Smoked at 350 with a little applewood for a little more than 2 hours for 4.5 lbs of meat until 165 degrees internal. The outer edge had a few hard crusty parts but not enough for concern. Sliced down the edges in thin strips and ended up with a huge pile of chicken! Served with pita bread, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes and thin white onion. IMO it tasted very good but not like I remember. I don’t think there’s a substitute for the lamb/veal combination and a rotating vertical spit that gives perfectly moist, slightly crisp slices of meat. That being said this is keeper and I will make this again, maybe with boneless, skinless thighs this time. My next try be will sirloin like zero_credit did.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sierra007; June 13, 2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

That looks awesome! Great job!

I agree on the meat choices. Next time I am going to try Milanesa, which is already nice and thin.

Comment

Nice-looking Chicken Doner, Sierra007 . I like your thoughts to use thighs next time. More flavorful and less apt to dry out.

That ManBQue Eat Street book is a real keeper. Thank you so much, STEbbq for recommending it.

I made their Moroccan Mini Burgers with Harissa Yogurt and Fresh Mint and served it with a side of fries and their Dill Tzatziki. What a flavorful meal. Instead of making sliders, I made 4 smashburgers from that pound of meat. Plus I used beef instead of lamb. Not a lamb lover except to look at the little guys on the hoof.

There are some amazing recipes in that book. It could have used a better editor--I'm a stickler about misspellings and there's a chicken wing recipe that omits how the wings are to be cooked, for example, but the recipes still have powerhouse flavors. Plus it's fun to read. Their pre-recipe blurbs are so entertaining!

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; June 14, 2020, 06:33 AM.

Comment

fzxdoc I am very happy you liked the book and I agree with your comments. The flavors are great and for me anyway, it gives me lots of creative ideas for food I have never thought about! The pre-recipe blurbs are definitely entertaining. I am pleased I was able to add some value for such a experienced member. 😃

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here