Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doner Kebab on MB560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doner Kebab on MB560

Here we go. Doner kebab marinated overnight and smoked at 350 for about 2 hours. Served with pita bread, fries, onion, lettuce and tzatziki sauce. Excellent!

The recipe is from the book "Eat Street" and the marinade includes garlic, milk, EVOO, ketchup, oregano , thyme, yellow curry paste, salt , pepper, and red pepper flakes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STEbbq; May 24, 2020, 04:45 PM.

That looks posilutely delectable, Brother!

Comment

Oh my. 😋

Comment

My little spit I bought worked great so I am very happy!

Comment

First picture Oh gawd

Last picture OH GAWD!

Comment

Yep. What he 👆 said.

Comment

Man, you nailed it! Congrats on hanging in there until you got the recipe you wanted!

Comment

Beautiful! I like the way you sized the pieces so there was more surface area for browning. Smart idea.

Kathryn

Comment

I’d eat it !!!!

Comment

Wow! You guys are all so nice and encouraging!

Should I post this kind of thing in the show us what you are cooking thread next time?

Comment

Either place is good. You may get more exposure over on the SUWYC, but I like individual topics sometimes because we can discuss the cook a bit more. For example, did you use lamb for this? Shoulder? Sliced semi frozen?

And there appear to be two Eat Street cookbooks, the

Eat Street ManBQue Guide (2016) by Jesse Valenciana and others, and

Eat Street (2013) by James Cunningham. So which book do you have?

Kathryn

Comment

Looks Great. Just curious, what kind of meat is that?

Comment

a few days ago I mentioned to a friend how i could go for a donner kabob....and here it is! Excellent cook!

Would love to see a photo of a slice of that if you have one!

Comment

The meat was sirloin tip roast and I sliced it thin to stack. This was per y'all suggestions from my last doner kebab thread a few weeks back. I know lamb and veal or even chicken is sometimes used, but my wife and I really liked the beef doner kebab when we visited Europe a few years back.

The book is this one: https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Street-Ma...dp/0762458690/ . As you can tell, the book focuses on street food, and has a lot of the popular, yet hard to find street food recipes like the taco in bag, or nashville hot chicken, korean BBQ buns, or even italian beef (Chicago style), which I'd like to make one day. I've generally found that when I compare online recipes against this book, the book's recipes seem to have a lot more flavors and ingredients, so the results end up better.

The meat spit is from here: https://ceramicgrillstore.com/products/meat-stick-spit .
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by STEbbq; May 26, 2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Man, I am so happy I read your post! Spent over 11 yrs in Europe and have fond memories of all things donor kebab! Sandwiches, pizza or whatever! Bought the book and a vertical spit (didn’t even know there was such a thing). Will post some pics once everything comes together. Thanks again and happy grilling!

Comment

• STEbbq
                                STEbbq commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I am thrilled to hear this! Please do post pics and updates! Would love to tap into your kebab expertise!

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here