Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Quiz Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop Quiz Time

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200521_180247.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	850018

There is one multiple choice question, and it has only one correct answer.

Was the trip-tip above:

a. Seared while it was frozen and then cooked low & slow?

b. Cooked reverse sear method?

c. Cooked the good ol' fashioned way, right over the coals?

d. Cooked sous vide and then seared?

In reality, a., b., and d. are clearly possible answers, but the correct answer is a. Seared while it was frozen and then cooked low & slow. Since I fell into this technique completely by accident, it's become my absolute favorite way to do steak. The results are as good as or better than any high-end steak house I've ever been to.

Comment

I'm going with D

Comment

• AZ Fogey
        AZ Fogey commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure you are.

I got it right, Woo Hoo!!!

Question: Did ya pull it out, let it start sweatin a bit outside to git yer seasonins to adhere?

Reckon, if I was doin it blind, I'd give it a few mikes on a plate, etc., flippin it...get a lil moisture goin on...

Beautimous cook; any chance of a sear pic?
      I'm just always wantin to learn, amigo!

Cain't find no tri tip in these parts, but answers go into my database...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 22, 2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

@Mr.Bones - Sear it, put in on a plate, it's already covered in melted butter, dip it into the butter bowl, and the rub sticks to that on the meat. Here's a pic of the sear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200521_180201.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	850039

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, saw th seasonin in yer jus, was wonderin bout yer technique.
          Appreciate yer sharin with us, Brother!

I’m going with A.

Comment

• AZ Fogey
          AZ Fogey commented
          Editing a comment
          Right on!

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Texture of the inside meat was what suggested it to me. But lucky, too.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Texture was also crucial in my assessment.

I'd have guessed A simply because you've been taking about that method lately. Not to take anything away from it, that looks killer.

Comment

• AZ Fogey
          AZ Fogey commented
          Editing a comment
          I wasn't sure anyone was paying attention. 😁 Good call.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here