Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Beef Timing for Lunch serving: Reheat, Finish or Only go start to finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmokinBucky
    replied
    Donw - Thank you for the input. For the 10 am folks I think I'll pre-cook some the day before to 115, that is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    First, welcome from Maryland. I don’t cater but do cook for several clubs, fire companies and associations around here. Several will be all day affairs. I prefer starting early and cooking most of the beef on the day, but to hedge my bets I will bring some partially pre-cooked roasts that I will reheat and finish on site to get the ball rolling and feed the early people. I usually pre-cook them to about 115.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I can't help with pit beef. Someone will be along shortly to answer your questions.

Leave a comment:

• Pit Beef Timing for Lunch serving: Reheat, Finish or Only go start to finish?

I'm somewhat new to catering events and have a question. Normally when I do a Pit Beef event, I slow cook the Baltimore Pit Beef version on this site, starting around noon and finish around supper time. I have an all-day event coming up and I'm wondering how to handle the 10 am start serving timing with the slow cook.

Start to Finish: Do folks set up and start cooking early morning for noon gigs? Meaning the meat is cooked start to finish before serving?

Pre-cook and Reheat: Slow cook the meat the day before and reheat before morning servings?

Pre-cook and Finish: Slow cook the meat the day before and finish bringing the meat to temp the next morning before serving?

Thank you in advance,
    Bucky

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here