Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I flanken love ribs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flanken love ribs!!!

I recently got a package of, well, flanken style beef short ribs from a really good supplier located in PA.
    Hence the title. 😁
    Now this is the first time making and eating this particular cut.
    Let me tell you if you haven’t made or eaten them before. You gotta try them.

I marinated these beauties for 24hrs in
    1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    2 tbl rice wine vinegar
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
    Not quite Korean style but close.

Grilled these puppies hot and fast about 3min flip 3min flip and one more 3min. For a total of 9-10 minutes.

I shall now shut up 🤐 and let the pics do the rest.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BE822FC8-BECE-467F-8591-4BB08DFF3E14.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	848992Click image for larger version

Name:	EF36A388-3EF1-4A20-A456-8919956F9468.jpeg
Views:	386
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	848991Click image for larger version

Name:	B7EC1DC0-6C30-4FCF-BB86-F28EFE925A8A.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	848995Click image for larger version

Name:	4348548D-39E8-4015-AD36-915B79E46F03.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	848994Click image for larger version

Name:	CEB91E14-ABC0-4813-9C15-DE1B2059D7FC.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	848993

Nicely done, one of my favorite cuts and cooks. I took Ahumadora 's suggestion once and did them with just S&P over a wood fire, sooo good! I served mine up with a chimichurri sauce. Hmmmm, might have to poke around in freezer for a pack...

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, beef don't need much dressing up. Salt and pepper and it's good for a date with my mouth..

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. I’m kinda liking the simple approach Capt.
      Will give it a try next go round. 👍

Nice job - Korean BBQ. Serve it with sticky rice, Kimchi, and Banchan sides (sautéed spinach, onion, mushroom, bean sprouts, etc.). I'm fortunate to have Korean markets in my area.

Great job...… I'm hungry now.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks my brother. 👊

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha. I had bibimbap for dinner tonight. You could do these in a bulgogi style and put them in a bibimbap bowl.

That char is making my mouth water....great job.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Sooo freakin good. I can’t believe I had the will power to not devour them all so I had something to take to work tomorrow. 😊

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I do pork steaks the same way. Now I need to find some of these beef short ribs and try it!

I’d eat ‘EM !!!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      No you won’t. Cause I already did. 😂😂😂

Looks great!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hawker.

They are tasty and easy to cook. I got two huge packages at Costco of all places in January. Sadly that ended with all the supply chain issues. I’m cooking that last bunch this weekend.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome. Not for the running out of supplies. But for the upcoming cook. 👍

You are awarded the "Braai Badge of Honour" for that great cook Sir.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoohoo. 😁

Just 9-10 minutes?!?! That’s amazing! Thanks for posting...need to try that

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah these beauties are a real fast cook.

Those look tasty!! I need to try them again!!

Comment

You forgot the sesame seeds !! Love flanken ribs, my new favorite. Not so much that they taste better grilled, they're just so much easier to cook. Good post !!

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        😱 What’s wrong with me. 😂
        Thanks Steve. 👊

I often see these but never have pulled the trigger. That changes next time I spot some, yours look delicious - thanks!

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        You wont be disappointed. Sooo good and a real fast cook.

I buy the thin ones for LA Kalbi. Sometimes I'll get them cut thicker, approx. 3/8 - 1/4 inch for simple grilling with S&P. They are tasty.

Comment

Love Korean style, and having lived in Hawaii for all my working life, I also like it marinated in teriyaki sauce - very similar ingredients to the sauce you used. Looks delicious.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks AZ

Those look amazing! Gotta try those.

In the winter when it’s -30 or so, and I have no desire to go outside to cook, I do this recipe in the Instant Pot.

These instant pot Korean short ribs are packed with flavor and are so easy to make. A delicious blend of sweet and tangy, they are finger-licking good.

Annoying website, but the recipe is good and the results are darn good.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the link.
          For those who have and use an instapot this might be a good alternative to grilling them.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here